The earlier you realize the fact that your state of health is, to an appreciable extent, a function of the food you eat, the better. This is because many people have suffered from various disorders, diseases and discomforts (and many have even died) as a result of their ignorance over what foods to eat and not to eat. Having sound knowledge of many vital pieces of nutritional information, such as healthy meal plans, can go as far as prolonging your life, as well as making you absolutely healthy.
Virtually all circumstances in which you may find yourself have certain foods which are best suited for them. No doubt, eating these foods will help improve your health. However, out of ignorance, many people take foods carelessly without considering the requirements of their current circumstances. For instance:
• Some foods are best for breakfast while others are ideal for lunch or dinner
• Some foods are the best (as they would provide the required energy) for certain activities such as workouts and sex.
• For the effective management and cure of some diseases such as hypertension, arthritis and diabetes, certain foods should be taken while others should be avoided.
• Some foods may be helpful while others may wreck even more havoc during certain abnormal psychological states such as depression, stress and anxiety.
• If you are overweight and are trying to burn off some fat, there some foods which will help you achieve your aim easily while others will only increase your problems.
Another reason why people do not derive the expected nutritional benefits from the food they eat is that they either take much more or much less of most food nutrients than their bodies require for optimal functioning. This, in turn is because they are ignorant of the recommended daily intake amounts of the various food nutrients. So, by learning these important pieces of nutritional information, you will do yourself a lot of good as you will provide your body with nutrients in the exact amounts needed.
Furthermore, every food item has its own nutritional benefits as well as side effects (when taken in excess). You need to know these also in order to make appropriate inclusions in your diet.
Your Turn To Talk