If you want massive savings in health insurance without compromising the quality of coverage you enjoy then you’d have to consider the following…
1. Apart from the fact that you’re endangering your life, using banned or unregistered drugs will raise you premium. And, drug abuse will also make you get costly rates. That is, if it doesn’t make it impossible for you to get health insurance. Self medication should be avoided both for the grave consequences to your health and rates.
2. Stop smoking if you want inexpensive health insurance. It’s a sure truth that smokers are vulnerable to various health conditions and that they don’t live long.
This increases their risk to a health insurance carrier and therefore raises their rates by a huge margin. If you can quit smoking you’ll attract rates that are dramatically more affordable when you reapply after twelve months.
3. Check through your policy from time to time. This will help you confirm you always have sufficient coverage. And then you realize while doing this routine check that you really don’t need some coverage you paid for.
You’ll then reduce your rate by canceling such unnecessary coverage. Consider a scenario where you still have your just-wedded daughter on your family health insurance policy with the consequent higher rates. It’s very easy to forget little things like this. Believe me; joy can make you forget important matters like this.
4. Deciding to be flexible in the choice of doctors and health care facilities you can use will result in lower costs. The reason for this is that you may be required to restrict yourself to doctors and hospitals in a specific network in order to get very cheap rates. And in such a case you’ll be compelled to change to health care providers in the network and not your favorites.
It would be easier to attract better rates if you can make this kind of adjustment. Don’t forget that it’s really advisable that you weigh what you stand to gain against what you must sacrifice.
5. No-appointment ambulatory care centers or emergi-centers will as well help you lower your rates. Think seriously about saving on health insurance with this option if you’re the kind who hardly ever has to see a doctor because you’re always in good health. These centers cost a lot less than an emergency room in a hospital.